Be the first to post for 'Applying Transforms'!

If you’re reading this, there probably aren’t very many posts yet. But don’t worry, you can be the first! Either create a new post or just reply to this one to say ‘hi’.

Forced me to think a little more about what Ive been doing in the past.

I did spend alot of time practicing and seeing what else works and doesnt, very interesting :slight_smile:

I totally agree with spending the time with practice and playing about and not just watching the lectures back to back. take the time to watch one, then practice… then once comfortable move to next one.

Ive learned alot so far, just from these last couple about changes I need to make in what i have been doing in the past.

2 Likes

Learnt a lot about why rotation was a problem when exporting to unity and fixing it was a pain until now.
I went with good ole Suzanne.

1 Like

I know eh :slight_smile: its amazing how some simple concepts, once explained, can make such a difference how we look at things :slight_smile:

1 Like

This part was a bit confusing…The instructor did show -90 happens when the model was imported in the Unity but did not explain it (maybe he explains it later in the course?). Also when he was rotating suzanne around y or z in Unity, he said it rotates oddly but did not mentioned why or how to fix it. Even when you ‘apply rotation’ in Blender and hop to Unity, the monkey head still rotates oddly around x or z access provided that you change rotation via transform (inspector window) and not via the gizmo. If you rotate the object using the gizmo in Unity, it rotates as expected.

Although I’m not sure but I guess the take home message is that I should use “apply location/rotation/scale” in Blender to have it properly imported into Unity.

Update: In his next lecture, he explained the -90 degree rotation done by Unity when importing a model from Blender.

Privacy & Terms