BattleTank Project implemented using Blueprints

Hello everyone!

While following the Battletank section, I decided to implement it in full blueprints instead of C++.

I know it’s not always ideal to do everything in blueprints as things can become spaghetti looking rapidly. But like C++ if you refactor it, it stays readable.
I chose to do it in Blueprints for two reasons:

• I’m a programmer so C++ is not really challenging for me. I thought that I would learn a lot more if I were to use blueprints instead of C++.
  • My computer did not perform very well with C++ compilation which took 40seconds to 2 minutes everytime :cry:.

The second reason is probably the main reason as compilation in blueprints is instant.

So if you want to take a look at a blueprint implementation, here is the project: https://github.com/fknop/battletank

I implemented all the features except for the last mortar thing with the better looking mesh.
The commits are not really done per lecture and not really consistent (sorry about that :frowning:)

I just finished the section, I’m going on holliday so I didn’t have time to check if there are still bugs!

I want to thank again GameDev.tv for this really great course!

I’m a little late to the party but I’d like to thank you for sharing your project. it will be very interesting to see it. :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms