Basic Weapon Pickup in the RPG

I have a new, massive issue (probably unrelated to the course, but it occured during this segment):

It’s probably some dumb error, that I somehow brought upon myself, but after doing the SwordPickup prefab editing, I can’t move my characer. At all.

I’ve tried deleting my entire Core prefab from the game and putting it back in and reverting anything back to how it was before this video. But nothing works.

I’m at a total loss here.

EDIT: Interesting thing I just found, though: I can move to my sword, but nowhere else :smiley:

Are there any error messages popping up in the console when you reach the sword pickup? Is the weapon equipped when you get there?

I implemented something different. I only have one weapon (and armor) in the entire game (like Zelda OoT, for example), and added a Rune Etching system, where the player can etch runes into his weapon and armor with bonuses and effects.

I’m not getting a collision with the sword either and cant figure out why. Player is tagged player with a rigidbody. Sphere collider on pickup is marked trigger. No errors in console. What am i missing?

Do you have a collider on the Player?

You save the day again! I didnt know we needed a collider and a rigidbody on the player. Derp

Without a collider, the Rigidbody has nothing to act on.

I think all this is not very fair…
So I decided to let enemies pick up weapons too…

:scream:

Privacy & Terms