Barry's collision not working?

For whatever reason, I’m not sure, Barry is falling through the snow. I had the ball before and that was colliding with the Level Sprite Shape, so I suspect that the issue is with Barry himself, and I’ve made a mistake with the colliders somewhere, but I’m not seeing anything obvious for looking.

He’s got a Capsule Collider 2D on the board, and the Level Sprite Shape also has an Edge Collider 2D. I’ve changed “Order in Layer” as well.

Here’s a checklist of possibilities:

Check the layers and tags of the objects involved in the collision. Make sure that the layers and tags of the objects match up correctly so that the collision can occur.

Ensure that the Capsule Collider 2D is properly positioned and sized around Barry. If it’s too small or positioned incorrectly, the collider may not detect collisions properly.

Check the settings of the Edge Collider 2D on the Level Sprite Shape. Ensure that it covers the area where Barry is falling, and that it’s set up correctly to detect collisions.

Try adding a Rigidbody 2D component to Barry if you haven’t already. This will add physics properties to Barry and may help with collision detection.

Check the physics settings in your Unity project. Ensure that the physics engine is set up correctly, and that the collision detection settings are appropriate for your game.

My hope is that one of these help you!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms