Bare Trees Island

Well that was a great course, lots learned on this. I learned that I hate texture painting, I just couldn’t get away with it and found other methods much better and easier, so PBR materials for me. I couldn’t get the window lights to work like Grant did, so I made the windows transparent using the roughness map and a color ramp to the Alpha and cut out a face in the plaster behind and placed lights in the rooms where needed. Thanks to Josh Sorenson for the background image on Pexels, it really makes the scene.

7 Likes

Looks good. A little dark for my taste, but from the details I can see it looks like some real effort went into it.

1 Like

Very atmospheric, if a little dark for us to see the details. Looks great.

1 Like

Thanks for your comment, yes it probably is a little too dark that’s to hide the lack of effort :rofl: Being a scene with dim lights I didn’t want it too bright but I’ve probably darkened it too much, I will take your advice and make any future night scenes a little brighter :+1:

1 Like

Thanks very much, I’m quite pleased with it but the consensus is that it’s too dark but definitely atmospheric. It’s not that detailed as I went with the less is more approach and used a couple of free assets from BlenderKit.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms