Balloon Game Adaption Current Stand + info #Recorder #Chase #CamFollow

Hello i want to give and show you my current game state:

As you might now im a lazy Artist so i got myself some Asset objects to play with :wink:
and im running now in the problem i cant edit demoscene cam information for example to edit it to show like Higscore Information etc so i guess ive to do terrain myself ill figure that out^^
(Sky is in the Asset i bought)

GameStory:
Your flying a HeatAirBallon as high as possible to get as much weather Data as possibe.

Game Mechanic:
For now flying Birds with a chasing Script (I’ll post below)
In Future planned Planes and kind of Object generator scaling objects chasing you on high

I have to think about movement too its not a rocket rig body as basic mass is ok
But i dont know like pressing a lot space makes it have like moving up coninously faster and i dont like that much

Heres a current Play Vid like i mentioned its in Demo Scene so i will rework some stuff

Free Asset Cam Follow
https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/tools/camera/simple-cam-follow-164460

Getting Recorder in unity Manipulate manifest.json
addline: “com.unity.recorder”: “2.5.2”
dont forget , in line above at end

here is the chase method of my “enemy” objects

private void chase()
{
transform.LookAt(target);

if (Vector3.Distance(transform.position, target.position) >= speedBoostDistanceEagle)
    {
        transform.position += transform.forward * moveSpeedEagle * moveSpeedBoostEagle * Time.deltaTime;
        if (transform.position.y < target.position.y)
        {
            transform.position += transform.up * moveUpSpeedEagle * moveSpeedBoostEagle * Time.deltaTime;
        }
        else
        {
            transform.position += -transform.up * moveUpSpeedEagle * moveSpeedBoostEagle * Time.deltaTime;
        }
    }

if (Vector3.Distance(transform.position, target.position) <= closeDistanceEagle)
    {
        transform.position += transform.forward * moveSpeedEagle * Time.deltaTime;
        if (transform.position.y < target.position.y)
        {
            transform.position += transform.up * moveUpSpeedEagle * Time.deltaTime;
        }
        else
        {
            transform.position += -transform.up * moveUpSpeedEagle * Time.deltaTime;
        }

}
}
5 Likes

Keep up the awesome work Finn!! I love your effort! You are doing great things!

1 Like

awesome concept

1 Like

I think i will put the camera chase in mine too. Means you can see objects closer up and clearer and make levels more interesting and longer.

1 Like

Wow ! that camera chase is is awesome. You are an inspiration Finn thankyou so much.

1 Like

sweet work, looks beautiful :slight_smile:

thank you also for sharing your content with the community :+1:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms