Ballerina challenge

My rendition of the Ballerina. I honestly have mixed feelings about this result; on the one hand I’m very happy to see a result that I’m honestly pleased with, that I’d proudly show off to my friends (even though, I know learning to draw is a process and I shouldn’t even be worrying about imperfections at this point in time, or ever, really). However, on the other hand this section felt a little more monkey-see-monkey-do; rather than making +/- your own image and then following some guidelines (how it was done with the castle challenge), here I felt more like I was listening what was said, but then also very closely watching what was being done as if I was more copying than thinking really …

Maybe that’s just my insecurity coming up, maybe I would not be thinking like that at all if I would just draw another character with the tools that were given in this section? Still, I’m again pleased to see something like this coming from my very own hands with pencil and paper (i.e., no “undo”, which always feels so frightening)

3 Likes

I think you did a great job! You definitely have room to improve but keep it up everyday and you’ll improve.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms