Baking the Navmesh

I was trying to expand upon this level and I thought of something that would be interesting. If the drones are flying I think they should be able to fly across the lava pools even if there is no way around (eg the pool at the end of the level). When baking the navmesh it creates a drop and therefore the drones can’t move through that area. How would one make it so the drones can move through there but it would still register as a death for the player?

Not got to doing the lava pits yet.
But if the lava is still a part of the navmesh , but with no transition to it, there might br a way of tweaking the agent or the mesh to transition over a different angle or step.

Hopefully I’ll get there in a couple of days and have a play around I noone else helps out.

TLDR; A NavMesh depends on a mesh rather than a collider.

I created a new CSGBox that fit the same dimensions of the LavaPit (eg Ctrl+D), enable collision, ensure faces are not flipped, and added it to collision layer 2 ONLY. Rebake the NavMesh.

I changed the enemy collision mask to layer 1 and 2. Now the enemy will “glide” over the lava because they collide with the bridge, but the player will fall in. Update the material to allow alpha and set the alpha to 0.

Nice workaround, cheers for sharing that, I’ll keep that bookmarked when I got there as that sounds like a nice addition.

Darren

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms