Baking Issue - Blender, Substance Painter

Hi,
I’m having some issues when baking my high poly model to my low poly one. Checked various tutorials and could not find any solution that could further help:

• I marked as Seam every hard edge I had on my asset(they were many), and then UV Unwrapped with a 0.02 margin:

• I also have my other high poly on the same position as the low poly (what’s pinkish it’s the high poly)

• I then uploaded the low poly into Substance Painter, and when baking, I first of all notice from the preview that some spots are red, and remain red even though I change the Cage Distance -

• After baking everything, I first notice the black artifacts I get around the asset, but the most noticing parts are where the ‘metal’ on the upper part of the chest meets the wood -

As my workflow: I created the low poly version of it, I subdivided and then remeshed it in order to sculpt. I also saved multiple versions of the low poly chest.

My question is, is it a problem with my Low-poly version of it? What exactly should I do/edit?

Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms