Baking Cavity - Black marks on Mesh

Hi,

I am baking the cavity map and i keep getting these black marks on the mesh, any idea why?

I can also see the seems?

thanks

1 Like

The different tone light and dark grey on areas of the body were solved recenly in another ask here. KOSDUMJUR solution

1. Changed image node with the normal map to non color data. It fixed the different tone on the seams.

The black small rectilinear shapes imply they are over black areas of the left hand uv map. Perhaps they were not included in the unwrap? Select those faces and see where they are in the uv?

2 Likes

thank you for the reply.

i clicked on the other link, it worked! i just had to change it to non - colour in the shader.

i found a video on youtube where you export the cav map to photo shop, and use clone and colour in the black parts which worked. not sure if that is best practice however.

when i look on the uv map it seems normal, very weird

thank you!

1 Like

Saying that it has done it again for the belt? does the UV map look odd? that side section disappears when i do the baking of the cav?

2 Likes

I wonder if the distance is the issue in the cavity map, If you are using a version with the extrusion value i would try using that as a tweak to see if it helps.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms