Baking a normal map

I keep getting the same error when I try to bake the normal map I did everything he said and tried looking at some others ask to see if that fixed it but it was a no go so now I’m just confused

Any help world be really appreciated

2 Likes

It does look right from what I can see.
That image node does need to be selected when you bake.
You could try a test in a new file, just sometimes there can be a glitch.

2 Likes

Did everything the same in a new file but got a slightly different error and still didn’t work not really sure what is going on =/

1 Like

Have you saved the new blank file you will be baking to?

1 Like

Sorry for the delay I got really sick and was bedridden for a while I was looking at the files and it looks like I did there is a plain black file with the name cube test

Selected to Active is not ticked in the bake panel area.

That seems to have mostly fixed it in the test one still came out a little odd not sure why but it’s weird It wont work in the main file so I’m guessing if something like this happens again its just start over in new file or could you some how export your work to a new file and it would magically work?

It is a way round some unknown glitches to append in the model from a ‘bad’ file to a new file.
File, Append, navigate to the original Blend file and the Objects wanted.

So I tried the Appending thing and it still didn’t work so I made a new material and deleted the old one and it worked. It even worked back in the original file its so weird not sure how that fixed it but it did maybe should have tried that first before asking but yeah sorry thanks for all the help.

1 Like

No problem it is sorted out. Now and again some issues do seem solved the next day on reopening the files. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms