Autocomplete not working and squiggly lines under #includes in vs code

Hi,

beginner here. I’m on the building escape part of the unreal c++ course. Somewhere along the line I got squiggles under my #includes in my OpenDoor.cpp file and lost the autocomplete function in VS Code. This didn’t seem to affect compiles. I probably did the wrong thing and just carried on with the course as unreal kept compiling it successfully.

However in lesson 118 (using drawdebugline) it became apparent that I’m at a disadvantage for not having autocomplete. Is there any way to restore it and remove the squiggly lines from my #includes?

Screenshots below (1st 2 of #includes, last one of me trying to get autocomplete to work):

Thanks in advance!

Are you using the IntelliSense Fixes extension? Whenever new files are added you need to restart VS Code so that it picks them up.

I was using intelliSense. It seems to have stopped at some point. I didn’t know I had to restart vs code to pick up new files. I’ll bear that in mind in the future.

How would I go about getting IntelliSense back?

To be clear, are you saying you disabled IntelliSense or uninstalled the “IntelliSense Fixes” extension?

I have not disabled or uninstalled it, but it is not working.

Could you show a screenshot of what it looks like? What does the problems window say, also what is the output of the extension?

I don’t seem to have the UE Intellisense fixes option there and can’t seem to find it.

Here are my extension options:

I also tried finding another intellisense extension and after installing that it doesn’t show up as an extension option (after closing and reopening vs code).

This is what the problems window says:

Did you not install the extension? That is the subject of a lecture in Bull Cow Game titled “VSCode Intellisense Fix”

I didn’t need to when I did the Bull Cow Game section. I have followed the instructions of that lecture and I’m no longer getting those errors and intellisense seems to be working again.

Thankyou for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms