Audio Plays At Game Start

I’ve been trying to debug this issue for a while now, with no success. For some reason, the audio file automatically plays when I hit the “play” button.

I’ve diligently searched through all of my code and step-by-step checked each point where the call to “play” happened. I eventually commented out every single occasion where AudioComponent->Play() existed (just two occasions, one in OpenDoor() and one in CloseDoor()), and yet you still hear the door sound whenever the game starts.

Otherwise, the functionality works out exactly as desired (only making the sound once while opening, once while closing, etc.). Just, for some reason, it wants to play right at the game initialization. And again, the code never calls AudioComponent->Play() at any point, and I’ve recompiled and even rebuilt it this way multiple times to ensure that Unreal had the latest changes.

Is there a way via the Unreal Editor where I may have accidentally set something to have the audio play at game start? I can’t find anything in that regard, but it doesn’t seem to be in the code, so that’s my only guess at this point.

Thanks in advanced. Any help is appreciated.

If you don’t have anything playing the sound in your code, then; if I remember correctly it’s quickly mentioned in a video. Basically you need to ensure that Auto Activate is unchecked in the properties of the AudioComponent.

Click on your door mesh in the World Outliner, check the details pane and click on the AudioComponent (mine is called DoorSound) then scroll down in the details to Activation and ensure that Auto Activate is unchecked. That should do the trick :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ah, yes! Thank you so much! Sorry if it was in a video - if so I totally missed it somehow. Thanks again though!! That was driving me bonkers, haha.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms