Audio clip bugs when injected

Whenever i use the injection method… it seems like the audio clip starts speeding up and slowing down with the circuit motion of the camera… Can anyone help me change that!!?

note i have indeed played with the circuit variables abit to slow it down abit since it was going way too fast.

it sounds really wonky and i have very little knowledge of how circuits work in order to dive in for a solution, can anyone help?

Hi Eloi,

What exactly did you do? Have you already compared your code to the Lecture Project Changes which can be found in the Resources of this lecture? If so, could you share your relevant piece of code?

If the Circuit asset is causing too much trouble, remove it. Watch the video without implementing the Circuit in your project. It’s just that one lecture. In a later lecture, Rick is going to replace the waypoints with a Timeline animation, so you will not miss anything crucial.

1 Like

Okay so i removed the waypoint progress tracker since that was what’s changed (i only changed the look ahead for target) and after reverting it the same thing basically happened, i assume it’s the smoothing of the transition because unity tend to speed up from waypoint to another then slow down before reaching the waypoint so my assumption is that this is the reason why it keeps messing up the speedplay of the audio file but I’m not sure.

I recorded this video to show the problem more in details

That might well be the case. Unfortunately, we cannot debug any third-party assets. What you could try is to increase the Look Ahead values in the Waypoint Progress Tracker. Also feel free to tweak the other values to see if you achieve a better result than before.

1 Like

I tried fiddling around with all the serialized variables as the game was running. it doesn’t seem to work unless the “Look ahead for target” is set to 0, which is problem since this makes the camera freeze in it’s place so i’ll use your advice on just dropping the circuit and waiting for Instructor Rick to add the Timeline animation instead. Thanks alot for the help :slight_smile:

And i tried putting the audio source in the level 1 instead of injecting it and it works perfectly fine… which honestly gets me more and more confused :joy:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms