Attempting to resize ledge thickness

Just as a note, for the face loop selection on a Mac ( 08:36 ) the usual equivalent of “option” ( as an alt replacement on Mac ) does not work. I did not find any key combination that worked as the video described for any modifier + clicking on the edge to select the face loop.

What did work was double click ( face mode ) on the edge or near the edge on the face.

Issue Sequence:

1. Select Face loop ( double click face )
  2. Press 1 for side view
  3. Press G for grab
  4. Press Z to constrain to z-axis
  5. Mouse down to drag face down

The expected results would be that the face moves down and the ledge becomes thicker ( per 08:50 in the video ). What I see instead is looks like the face extruded.

Any thoughts welcome.

Blender: 3.3.1 ( On Mac )

2 Likes

It sounds like you have double vertices, just select all, then merge by distance. I think that should fix it.

2 Likes

I believe that double click route is activated as part of the preference option of emulating a 3 button mouse. Perhaps Macs need to use that by default somehow?

Actually this was exactly it. I’m not sure that I turned this on, might be a default, or maybe I did … who knows. In either case once the removal of the emulate 3 buttons was removed functionality was more in line with what I expected.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms