Asset snow boarding error

Trying to download the assets for the complete 2d unity course snow border game and everything shows up as a preview.

the erros consist of: A meta data file (.meta) exists but its folder ‘Assets/Snow Boarder Sprite Assets 4/adf663fba3a29a449893450768b9400c/asset’ can’t be found, and has been created. Empty directories cannot be stored in version control, so it’s assumed that the meta data file is for an empty directory in version control. When moving or deleting folders outside of Unity, please ensure that the corresponding .meta file is moved or deleted along with it.
UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Unable to open Assets/Snow Boarder Sprite Assets 4/7707c236a3bc3264abfb06c2de922162/asset: Check external application preferences.

Unable to open Assets/Snow Boarder Sprite Assets 4/7707c236a3bc3264abfb06c2de922162/asset: Check external application preferences.

Unable to open Assets/Snow Boarder Sprite Assets 4/7707c236a3bc3264abfb06c2de922162/pathname: Check external application preferences.

The operation “Delete” cannot be executed because the selection is a root folder.

And they all have a yellow triangle with an ! inside

Hi,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

Please take a look at the bottom left part of your screenshot. Do you see those cryptic folder names? This indicates that too many files have been unpacked. This is a typical problem with MacOS.

If you have a Mac, use the Terminal to unzip the files because the standard unzipping tool unzips everything inside the zip archive.
See here: https://swissmacuser.ch/macos-terminal-bash-unzip-zip-file-with-tar/
Other students recommended a tool named The Unarchiver or something like that. I don’t have a Mac, so I cannot check that myself.

Did this help?

See also:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms