Applying Base in Multires Modifier

I have an issue while applying base in multires modifier. I am getting this horrible inversed edges when I apply base. I am following the tutorial and baking normals and cavities. However, I am facing this problem on objects that are using multires modifier. Kindly ask your help. Thanks in advance.

use face object, add solidify modifier as last.

Thanks for reply. Could you please explain what do you mean by using face object?

Take the default cube. When flattened, some of the vertices are lying close to each other.
When adding some sort of deformation. Those vertices can be intersecting each other (inside/outside).
That is what happens with your corners. Vertices breaking through.

This means your deformation is too strong, at that point. I belief there is an option somewhere, to minimize the problem (but I forgot).

I can not recognize the above models in what they represent.
For me, just a flat face, a rectangle (a cube).
But if you are using a single plane (face), with no thinkness (no body).
Then you don’t have to worry about corner vertices intersecting.
You apply the deformations, and after that, you apply thickness (body) to the plane face model, by adding the soldier modifier. Make a 2D surface into a 3D surface.

But while writing this down, I remember that some versions of Blender, baking from Multires doesn’t work!

Also when I see you last image, I got the impression that there is a low poly involved. Horizontal dents. At which course/chapter are you?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms