Apparent AnimationPlayer bug

I’m encountering an issue when I try to create the spin animation for the Saw scene. I follow along with the video, select the Sprite2D child of the Area2D of the Saw scene and then click the key icon to the right of the Frame field in the Inspector and it does indeed add the first frame to the Animation timeline, so I keep clicking it 7 more times to add the rest of the frames as happens in the video. However, when I then go through the frames in the Animation timeline the frame numbers appear to be bugged. The first is frame 0, but then it is frame 1, 2, 2, 4, 4, 4, 4.

When I manually edit the incorrect frames it seems to break the keyframes and the value starts applying to all frames, so I can’t fix it that way either.

Has anybody else run into this, or know if this is a bug or if I am doing something incorrectly?

AnimationPlayer possible bug

I’ve just downloaded the non-C# Godot version and can confirm the behaviour also occurs there. I’ve taken a look through the known issues over at the repo and don’t see anything that describes the problem.

1 Like

I just saw that somebody else has opened this issue on the official repo which addresses the issue: Animations created in AnimationPlayer in 4.2 don't update frames while scrubbing the timeline · Issue #85632 · godotengine/godot · GitHub

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms