Anyone else having problems with Udemy player?

Hi!
I’m doing the Unity 2D course on Udemy, however the videoplayback seems to be having a lot of issues, videos just stutter or just stop playing…

I know this isn’t related to the course itself, but rather the platform that it’s being hosted.
I just wanted to know if anyone else is experiencing those issues at the moment or it is just me to see what approach can I take.

Thanks everyone

Hi Ringotaker,

Does this official instruction by Udemy help?

See also:

I’m so having these issues too… have to constantly click forwards and backwards to force requests so it starts buffering. :frowning:
Not much to do, probably a Udemy thing.

No issue here the last few weeks from my side

Hi @age401,

Try to set the quality settings from “auto” to something else. The “auto” mode is often causing issues.

Thanks everyone for your feedback :blush:.
I tried again today and things went a bit smoother at first, then I changed into a new web browser and things improved a lot (Which is kinda funny, since I was using Chrome at first, which is the recommended browser for Udemy, however the new one I installed worked better for me).

Also, I found that it worked better switching between 720 and 480p on the quality settings, as Nina stated, the “auto” option tends to stutter way more.

Thanks! I’ll be trying these tweaks tonight… though, I gotta say, that it’s definitely not cool to have to go down to 480p to watch this kind of content (not that it’s anyone’s fault, just venting some frustration, lol).
I’ll let you know what my findings are later.

Thanks!

The best would be to message the Udemy support and let them know that you are unhappy. The more students do that, the more likely it is that they will solve the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms