Any plan to update VR Course?

Hi there, I wondered to know if there is any plan to update this course to UE5.x and later? @sampattuzzi
@beegeedee

Hi,
There are plans (I was actually going to do it but work got in the way) but to be honest, UE5.1 requirements for VR are so high it is difficult to create something that works with everyone’s hardware.

Before the 5.1.1 update, I couldn’t achieve higher than 30fps for VR projects with my Rtx 3060 ti card. Things were fine with 5.0, which was struggling with my old 1060 but at least gave me 45fps.

Now, performance has improved with the update so an update may be possible but to be honest, none of the 5.x features offer anything new to VR and using 4.27 means you can target lower spec computers with the same performance (1060 will give you 120fps easy) and that is generally what I do.

UE 5 is a thing of beauty but it is power hungry.

Anyway, I do believe it will be remastered at some point but I can’t say when this will happen or who will do it.

I hope this answers your question and I’m sorry I can’t be more specific as to when it may happen.

Thanks for your complete reply. you create the best courses on this planet I believe.
another question I wanted to ask is if your c++ unreal multiplayer course would help me for creating VR multiplayer games? or things are different in VR?

It would help but doesn’t deal with dedicated server based multiplayer. It is also an older course but the content is still relevant for 5.1. It also only deals with steam and not epic OSS as at the time, epic game store and their own multiplayer setup didn’t exist.

What you’ll learn is the mechanics for their use and honestly, doesn’t matter which version of the engine you use for that. There are some minor tweaks needed to get new engines working but that’s to be expected.

If you have any other questions, let me know.

Privacy & Terms