Any other free texture/resource sites?

Does anyone know if there are any other good free resource sites for things like the branch textures? I’m trying to stick to stuff that CC0 (free including commercial use) when possible. I’ve found that textures.com doesn’t seem to be giving out the free credits anymore - or at least not reliably. I made my account months ago, have logged in multiple times each time the website comes up, and have never gotten any free credits. I’m struggling to find some good resources to practice his method of doing trees.

2 Likes

I’m not very good with blender but here’s some places you can use:

Texture Haven - Offers a huge collection of high-quality textures that are all free for personal and commercial use.

Poliigon - Offers a range of textures, materials, and 3D models that are free to use for non-commercial purposes.

CC0 Textures - A collection of high-quality textures that are free to use for personal and commercial projects.

Texture Ninja - Offers a variety of free textures, including wood, metal, and concrete.

3DTextures.me - A growing library of high-quality textures, including PBR, seamless, and tileable options.

ShareTextures - A collection of high-quality textures that are free to use for personal and commercial projects.

Texture Hub - Offers a range of textures, including stone, brick, and metal, all free for personal and commercial use.

Sketchup Texture Club - Offers a variety of textures for use in Blender and other 3D modeling software.

Texture Box - Offers a large selection of textures, including metal, wood, and stone, all free for personal and commercial use.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

Thanks! I will definitely check these out! I’ve found a couple of REALLY nice sites that offer 2-4k PBR materials, but it seems a lot harder to find the ones that offer 2d transparent image textures. Maybe one of these will be what I’m missing in my growing list of resources.

I’m honestly half tempted to almost skip this section of the tutorial and try looking up how to do other types of trees anyways - as everything I keep seeing says that geometry nodes are a much better way of doing foliage. I was really hoping there’d be a tutorial on that in this section.

1 Like

Just search the web image search for ‘tree branch alpha’. They are not really textures as such.

2 Likes

Yeah, I found something to use for this in particular, but I’m hoping to find long term solutions that I can use for things that will be monetized (whether through commissions, or creating materials for my own monetized content), and google searches are not always that clear about the rights attached to each image.

I found what looks like a good tutorial on geometry nodes for tree leaves though, so I may just try to go through that tomorrow, rather than doing the trees the way they are done here. I was honestly hoping that was what would be covered in the environmental tutorial, as I keep seeing everywhere that that is “the way to do it” with the newer blender versions.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms