Any interest in a 'Community Project?

Don’t know if it is dead, but I would love to see a Unity community project.

They are hard to kick off though, seems like the concept is the stalling point as we all have great ideas.

print (“i would definitely love to be part of this project Ben!”);

I think the easiest way to handle something like this, is for someone to do an initial prototype… a minimum viable product, and then to open it up to the community to enhance it.

It’s far easier for community members to sign up for single features or enhancements that they can just add into the existing material than to work together to make something out of scratch. One person can say “I can do another level.” Another person can say, “I can make a new enemy type.” Another person could say maybe we make the camera zoom in at this point in the game and then go back to its original position afterward, so they might label that idea the “bridge scene zoom in” project. If it doesn’t get done for whatever reason, another person could volunteer to take over that feature or help with it. It also makes it easier for us to make a list of the enhancement ideas everyone is working on, or has worked on.

But the core stuff needs to be created to begin with. After that, it’s just about modularly and infinitely enhancing it.

If you guys want it, after I finish the course I can start this project. In order to increase the collab here I can start with a prototype and then invite more people in. Although Id will take around 2 months to finish both blender and Unity courses, I’m currently working on my cannon bowling game (Bowling section), I’ve increased the project too much :sweat_smile: written around 6,000 lines of code so far.

4 Likes

Epic! Is that a windpseed indicator, I see?!

Thanks @Anthony_Juarez :smiley:
Yes, it is

I am in Ben.

I’d be interested in this as well.

Just finished the Cannon Bowling and I will proceed to finish the unity course now, I’m still willing to start this project, just need to know if someone would participate too

1 Like

I’m in, I need more experience :smiley:

I would be interested in something like this

I’m more of a organiser / programmer, love problems, the kind where its a good thing there is no hammers around the computer area :smile:

I got some way to go though, but a Unity project i would be very interested in.

Is the question specific to Unreal Engine? Reason for asking: community project sounds intriguing. However, I have many years of experience with C++ development outside of UE, as well as about ~500 hours with Unreal. But I prefer not to use it.

I definitely AM interested. Right now I have a few things I am personally trying to develop however I am interested in doing a communal project… I am willing to agree to a for the fun of it or for sale with agreed upon percentages, maybe due to amount of tasks sure… However I think making one start and happen is most important. Why not both. Drop me a line if your interested in working on one… I guess I will send a few ideas out on the discord and start a for fun one.

Another idea is a mix of two :slight_smile: I’ve seen another topic about building game engine. So this community project could be not a game but a game engine (2d or 3d).

I like the idea of working with a team, on Unity project. It would be a very interesting experience for me. And it is in the spirit of the “Finish lt” course. Because it allows you to organize yourself even more efficiently.

Privacy & Terms