Another victory! + tips + badge + cert lookup + t-shirt

Hi everyone!

I proudly announce to be the next Unity Certified Developer who has finished this Udemy preparation course :slight_smile: Having spent the last 3 years creating stuff with Unity the course was kind of refresher for me. Surprisingly though I learned a few new things too!

I took my exam last week at Wroclaw University of Science & Technology (Poland) which was the first Unity Cert Exam held in the Eastern Europe. I scored 93.9% and can’t wait to get my hands on the Unity Professional Programmer exam (unavailable though at the time of writing this post :frowning: ).

After the exam I went for a lunch with the two Unity employees who led the event (I help them out spreading Unity and the cert events in my country, hence the invitation) and we discussed the future of Unity Certification in Poland and potential spots for ATCs :slight_smile: It was a great day indeed!

Just today I have received my cert confirmation e-mail and downloaded my certificate & e-badge (lol). I wonder though:

1. where can I view my score chart (or at least the total percentage) to show off to recruiters? I cannot see it together with my downloaded certificate… There is a difference between passing with 70-something and 90-something % and I would like to be able to see that difference.
  2. have you guys received the Unity Cert. Dev T-shirts after passing the exam? I need one but have no idea where to get it.

Regarding the tips/info… When taking the exam:

• Do not hurry, there is 1.5 hours to answer all the question and it really is much more than enough.
  • Some questions may be vague (i.e. there is no 100% correct answer for the question but you have two partially correct ones) - in such case, pick the one that is most common or that best corresponds to the question.
  • There are questions asking you to point something on a screenshot (e.g. some Unity interface button) - upon clicking, an animated wheel shows up. The wheel appears slightly below the clicked spot so make sure that it lands exactly on the selected element or it might not count the answer as correct.
  • Review the modules about Lighting, Scene navigation and materials. Most questions relate to these modules and you will find many tricky questions there as well !
  • The exam is quite easy but “not as easy as they say” - I was counting for easy 100% but the very first module proved me wrong :smile:
  • The exam is divided into modules and you are asked to score at least 70% in each. That is easy for modules with many questions but not as easy for modules with just 2 questions (like the Industry Preparedness one), because the 70% is rounded UP which means you need to answer both correctly to pass the module.
  • Now the good thing is, you don’t need to worry too much about the above because ultimately they sum up all the modules and count the exam as passed or failed based on the overall percentage (70% correct from all questions, not module-based).
  • You will see your results & your e-certificate at the end of the exam, however you will be asked to only keep one browser window open with just the exam tab (the exam is browser based, proof? certification.unity.com/start) and effectively downloading your cert to a dongle or sending it through e-mail is not allowed (or at least not during my exam).
  • Be patient after the exam: the confirmation e-mail with your Unity Cert ID required for Certificate Lookup will be sent to your registered e-mail address within a week after taking the exam, along with a digital copy of the certificate and with what they call a “badge” (a downloadable image you can put in your e-mail signature / linkedIn / facebook / avatars and whatever to get more props being unity certified :wink:
2 Likes

Fantastic result @Astralius, congratulations! Also what a wonderful write up you have done here. Thanks for sharing your tips :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to this one. If they don’t do it they definitely should. You should suggest it to Unity. I sort of assumed that they did already.

For me at least I got given the T-shirt right after the exam. Perhaps they didn’t have any with them when you took it. Again, I assume your friends at Unity could get hold of one for you.

1 Like

I’m afraid I don’t know the answer to this one. If they don’t do it they definitely should. You should suggest it to Unity. I sort of assumed that they did already.

Yup. I contacted their representative and suggested this improvement. From what I know, it has been forwarded to the certification scheme administrator. I hope for a positive outcome.

For me at least I got given the T-shirt right after the exam. Perhaps they didn’t have any with them when you took it. Again, I assume your friends at Unity could get hold of one for you.

My T-shirt is on its way, along with some badges :slight_smile: I needed to contact Lisa from Unity providing unity cert ID, postal address and size.

Hi!
I’ve pass exam recently and was told to contact Lisa to get my t-shirt. But gmail shooting some errors when trying to send a letter to liza@unity3d.com (“A delivery loop was detected which causes this email to be undeliverable”). Is that correct email and do you have some similar problems?

1 Like

The answer lies within your question :wink: lisa@unity3d.com

2 Likes

*** what a shame. bliended eyes) thanks!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms