Another Knight :)

I’ve had an issues with scaling to oval with mirror modifier. I haven’t found a good solution how to fix that, even model from lecture video has slightly elliptical base, which was not acceptable for me. I did basic knight shape without mirror and once I knew I don’t want to touch the round base, I’ve cut half and sculpture the body and head details. Thinking about it now, I should probably have base as a separate object.

I wanted to keep it low poly, so not much details. I’m really starting to like this style.

So here’s my Knight:

And on scene:

2 Likes

Scaling an object is done from its centre point.

But you have a half mirrored object then the centre point lies at a different position than the centre of the mirror (Its a half object you are scaling). This results in an uneven scaling (oval shape).

Use the position of the 3D cursor to scale. Put the 3D cursor in the middle of the mirror centre. Most likely at 0,0,0

1 Like

Yes exactly. And this was the issue even in lecture video so he ended up with un-even base without knowing it. This is tricky.
And yes, the scale around 3d cursor at center works, you just have to scale without Z.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms