Animations and physics

Hello everyone,

I was wondering how I can make the enemies be animated and at the same time bound to the rules of physics, I noticed that whenever I kill a guard on the stairs the guard plays the animation but doesn’t fall down or collide with things, so it’s a bit weird.

Can you give me a hint of what I should do to enable physics and be able to animate as well? I also noticed that our mesh doesn’t have collisions in the same way as our tanks, we only have that capsule component with a Pawn collision preset and whenever I simulate physics on our enemies they just fall down through the ground (quite funny I might add ^^).

Here is a picture of what I want to avoid.

Edit: Also noticed that the capsule component stays in the scene and blocks my path xD but this is easily solved by just setting the collision to No Collision on that component

I guess this is worth a read

Will have a look at it myself including in-engine tomorrow.

Nice, I will try to read through it, thanks!

Thanks for the link although I couldn’t quite get the Physics-Based Animation @DanM and @nullBot via Set All Bodies Below Simulate Physics to work.
If the following node’s (Set All Bodies Below Physics Blend Weight) is anything below 1 then the physics becomes too rigid and quite many parts of the character clip through the geometry.
When Physics Blended Weight is at 1 the character ragdolls and collides perfectly with the environment, but then it would seem to work exactly the same as Set Simulate Physics.
Also the capsule collider sometimes veers off the mesh.

The important thing I found is to enable Details > Collision > Collision Presets : Ragdoll else the characters will just fall through the floor.

In the end I wanted the Death_1 to at least have some effect so I used a Delay node followed by Set Simulate Physics; in this way the mesh doesn’t crumple instantly.

Similar to what I’ve got going on

1 Like

Great! thanks for sharing, that looks really good!

1 Like

I have solved it like this

I set this code after Health <= 0
and it’s necessary Set Collision Enabled without this ThirdPerson dropping into the floor

Privacy & Terms