Animation Issue once we implement the base action class

TurnBasedStrategyCourse_-GameScene-Windows__Mac__Linux-_Unity_2022_1_23f1__DX11__2022-11-27_10-49-05_AdobeExpress (2)
I’ve been working on this course for the last week and have copied it step by step and everything was working until we add the:

if (!isActive)
{
return;
}

to our MoveAction CS script.

Once saved and I run the game, the animator will now activate before any move command is given.

I went through every script and even resorted to copying and pasting over my code to ensure nothing was missing and it still has the same issue.

I can’t figure out why this is happening, any help would be appreciated.

Look in your Animator while the game is running, which state is it on? When Idle it should be on the Idle state.
If you do a move action, does it move then stop when it gets there?
Perhaps what happened is you defaulted the walking parameter to true, so now the MoveAction no longer runs and sets it to false so it stays on true until you move.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the quick reply, yes I’m not sure how or when but you are correct my IsWalking was set as True before running the code. Simply deselecting it resolved the issue. I also think this is the issue the Amir_El-Dan was trying to explain he had but he also had the visual Scripting issue alongside it.

Thanks again,

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms