Animation Event Question

Hi all.

I feel like I’m missing something super obvious here. My animation event inspector looks different from Rick’s. It still works the way it’s supposed to (calling a function on a certain frame), but the functions are in a drop-down menu instead of fields to type into.

I’ve attached a picture. I know this is going to be one of those “of course that’s why it looks that way” moments, but any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

animationevent

1 Like

It’s probably because of the Unity version you are using. Nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Hi,

As long as the animation event works as expected, there is nothing to worry about. Unity sometimes change their UI a bit. When something does not look exactly as seen in the video, simply try to apply some logic: How would you accomplish something? In most cases, you are intuitively able to find the right way because the Unity programmers made things more graspable in the recent years. In the past, their tools were much less accessible.

2 Likes

Thank you both. That was my assumption.

I didn’t know if there was a menu option to toggle the way the event looked. It does work fine, and it’s pretty intuitive as well. I was just being overly picky.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms