Animated Lampcopter

Hey guys, i’ve fallen off the course for a better part of a year now, and i’ve tried getting back into it with, and after a long time of relearning forgotten basics this is my final product for the lamp part of the course. Please tell me if anything looks out of place, i’ve tried playing with textures a bit more, all of them in the animation except the wood on the table have been made by me and I’d greatly appreciate any feedback!
Render with cycles - 128 samples, cuda engine with optix denoising - took roughly 3 hours on my computer.

6 Likes

Really great idea and animation. Well worth the long wait! :grin:

Textures look good. Nothing strikes me as something I can suggest as an improvement. Good to see a Cycles render animation.

1 Like

I agree, this is a great animation. I’m loving it. :grinning:

2 Likes

Well done.

It would be fun, to see the lamp being dizzy after the rotating flight and fall off the table.
Cycles samples are a bit low and then with denoiser, the result is a bit blurry.
Also adding more material details, like height map, shininess, roughness maps.
You get more exciting lamp reflections, because your lamp moves a lot.

Wow! Your work is very very good, I’ve only just started a few weeks ago but I’m finding Blender completely addictive, it’s such a powerful piece of software. Here is my first little tank-

3 Likes

Brilliant piece of work! Love it XXX

Privacy & Terms