Animated Lamp Scene Concept

So I used old paper and pen technology to visualise my concept :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

So my idea is to have a lamp exhibited in a museum/gallery at night. Lights are off, the lamp switches on itself, looks around and jumps off the pedestal. It wanders looking around at the artwork and suddenly blinds itself in front of a mirror (hopefully can achieve that with materials?) and jumps back. After that it starts to look at itself from “head to toes” in the mirror satisfied with how it looks :smile:

Now, do you think 10s is enough for this kind of scenario? Or should I make it 20s or even 30s? :thinking: Don’t want it to be too fast nor too boring.

7 Likes

I think you may want to plan it as separate annimation sequences with each being around 5 seconds. This would allow you time to give the impression that the lamp is taking a bit of time to appriciate each display. I would require figuring out the clip editor or an outside movie editing program (I use Paintshop Pro) but I think it would give it a nice look and accomplish what you are looking at.

3 Likes

I agree with your recommendations, and I’m really liking this concept. I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

2 Likes

Thank you, seems like a good approach :slight_smile:

Blender video editor, is quit straight forward.
Render scenes animation as image sequences (not videos).
You can load them into Blender vedeo editor as a sequences.
Manipulate them (fade in out etc) …
And then render them as a movie.

Hmmm, that’s probably where I was flubbin’ up last time I tried using that component :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms