Animal Mega Challange - Phase 1

I want to practice finishing my projects a bit faster now. I’ll try to focus on keeping my enthusiasm rather than being perfectionist. That’s something that Rick Davidson said in one of the lectures that really stuck to me. I don’t remember exactly what he said, but what I took from it was that being a perfectionist has a negative quantitation to it, while being enthusiastic is positive. So I try to have an enthustiastic mind rather a perfectionist one. I try not to focus so much on details so that it is “perfect”, but rather on being enthusiastic enough to make it look pleasing.

Haha, I don’t know if that makes sense. Anyways, what I’m trying to say is, that I worked on this project a little bit faster than I normally would. I think this is day 2 of my flying squirrel, and I already finished my sculpt, and I think I’m ready to add hair particles. Of course, a flying squirrel is probably not as difficult as replicating a human head (which I completed previously in this section of the course), and I do have more experience with sculpting now. But I still feel that I’m enjoying the process more now when I’m not focusing on every part of the sculpt being “perfect”. How do you decide when enough is enough with different parts of your projects?

But yeah, this is where I’m at right now.

Flying Squirrel Foot

Do you think I’m ready to add and groom hair particles tomorrow? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

6 Likes

Yes you are! Fantastic post! Keep up the incredible work :smiley:

2 Likes

Looking good, great little hands and feet!

2 Likes

Agree, I find almost any part of the process more enjoyable when I’m not too focused on ‘perfection’.
I can’t help but be reminded of a certain other flying squirrel made in blender 14 years ago…
But yours looks a little more friendly :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

Hehe thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Haha, yours is so funny! It looks like it’s falling rather than flying :rofl:

1 Like

Ha I wish I could claim credit; no this is from Big Buck Bunny:

Big Buck Bunny 60fps 4K - Official Blender Foundation Short Film - YouTube

2 Likes

It’s looking great! Did you make more progress or complete this yet?

1 Like

Thanks! Your comment came at just the right time. I had to focus on completing my graduation thesis recently, but I just handed it in today an ready to get back into Blender tomorrow. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish our flying furry little friend by the end of the week! :grin: :grin:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms