And then there was speckled light

So here is my lamp. I still need much more experience in properly lighting a scene, that’s for sure! However, I feel like I can go on tweaking this forever to make slight improvements here and there … So I’ll just leave it as it is, and hopefully experience will come along (yes, keep on practising, but on the other hand I am eager to continue the coarse as well) … Here’s my result:

I experimented a bit, and eventually used this:

• A sphere: instead of a circle I opted for a sphere for a little more accurate renderings (maybe it would make no difference at all if it was a disk as in the lecture?)
  • A spotlight: as in the lecture
  • And then my experimentation: I wanted some “halo” of the light beam following this link:
    • a cone (which I made a little wider at the top)
    • an additional point light: this I had to add because the spot light did not make the halo wide enough (i.e., it only lighted up the parts within the actual spot light, while I wanted a beam as wide as the actual lamp)
    • BONUS: the point light seems to light up the inside of the lamp nicely without “destroying” the nice circle of the spotlight

BTW, this is the material on my cone:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms