An orc with no name ..... but some dope beats

Weights mostly corrected. Good enough for what I want to do.

7 Likes

That’s sooper dope, my duder!

I dig it!

2 Likes

That is super cool! my friend… Keep up :+1:t3:

1 Like

Nice moves :rofl:. Looks amazing. Great work.

1 Like

Your orc is so cool. Got any advice for how you made it?

I just do what they say in the lectures.

Have reference images.
Make slow changes.

I also found that removing volume from your mesh is more accurate than trying to increase. So I would add some thick clay strips then use the smooth or scrape tool to slowly remove the excess.

I also use a graphics tablet (Huion Kamvas 13), much better than a mouse.

4 Likes

Thanks for the advice! How much do graphic tablets cost?

1 Like

I’ve got an older model of this that I’ve been really happy with. I went cheap and got something around $60 USD, but I’ve seen tables go up over the $300 mark, too.

1 Like

thanks for showing me! is it hard to get use to looking up and down constantly when using this?

1 Like

Not really, unless your eyesight is such that you require bifocals…that is to say, it’s a little difficult for me to wear my regular glasses when doing this as my eyesight has changed over the years.

If your eyesight is pretty normal, I don’t think you’ll have a problem.

Here’s the fun part though…when I use this with LibreSprite, I use my trackball wheel to zoom in and out, the keyboard to CTRL+Z when I make a goof, and the drawing pad to draw. To make the workflow easier, I usually move my trackball to the left hand side of my desk so I can use it left handed, which is a little bit of a drag because it is a right-handed track ball.

Still, I’m happy with the performance and accuracy of my Wacom. It worked fine on my Linux system right out of the box. Of course, it supports Win and Mac.

I decided to buy a cheap one to see if I like it. I don’t know what you get when you buy an expensive tablet, but I’ve been really happy with this one.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms