An Alternative Solution

I too was having trouble with BeginPlay and the logic of locking and unlocking the gates.

FWIW I ended up storing a Tile variable in the Tile blueprint called NextTile, and initialized it as a linked list in the game mode. That way when it came time to unlock a barrier, I could simply call lock on NextTile.

Pretty cool to be able to make data structures in Blueprint.

1 Like

I had the same problem I think, I was doing this lecture and for some odd reason I could no longer fire. After investigating it turned out that inside the collision box my projectiles were going no where and an enemy would commit suicide effectively. What you describe is exactly the same I think as what I did! This way I only need an event end overlap event.

I wonder if this is version related. I could guess a hardened unrealer knows of a simple solution, however from my understanding of collision boxes etc, is it not in some sense applying more to Ockams Razor by putting the collision box on the wall like this? i.e. it is the wall that want to effect when we boil it all down?

One drawback is that now I can enter the boundary, then turn back and Iā€™m locked in the current tile, something that needs to be fixed. On that note I can see some advantages in the original way. I could handle that by flagging when you have actually entered the room though.

Locking%20Volume|690x352https://community.gamedev.tv/uploads/short-url/PgvS1MpnMr1Ai4hOExQQvakKA4.mp4

Privacy & Terms