Amd gpu not working

Hello there. I am using a blender for the first time. I started the course this day. I am using Amd Cpu and Gpu. But I can’t render on gpu. I am using version 2.91. My drivers are up to date. When I select gpu from OpenGL from the settings, the screen does not appear and cannot be rendered. I tried “radeonpromateriallibrary.msi” but prorender doesn’t appear in my render settings.
When I render with Cycles and CPU, there is noise in the image. I do not know what to do.
MSI MPG X570
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
SAPPHIRE RADEON™ RX 5700 XT PULSE(20.11.2)
Corsair (2x8GB) 3200MHz CL16
XPG SX8200 Pro 512 GB
Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Version 2004

blend2 blend3

1 Like

Welcome to this site.

Someone else may know about amd gpus. I get the impression few use them.

However, Cycles producing noisy renders is standard. It is better and more realistic than Eevee. It is much slower though. To cure the noise use higher samples. Or use the ‘denoising’ options. Tick the box in the View Layers Properties tab, it hides right down the bottom. Doing just denoise or both more samples and denoise will fix the problem.

1 Like

Don’t worry too much. Blender has an (old) habit of having problems on AMD.
Try also the option for CUDA and OptiX!

You should know that not all Blender projects do run fast on GPU cards!
And not all Blender functions using the GPU if selected.
So you can still do the Blender course, but sometimes not that speedy.
Most challenges are fairly simple on CPU calculations and there is also the denoise function.
Which lowers the need for high samples (and therefore render times).

You could also download an older version of Blender (2.8 and up).
Older versions then 2.8 do have a completely different (old) User Interface.
But other GPU drivers also.

Don’t give up. Let us know your progress.

1 Like

I don’t know how it happened but my problem was solved. I opened a new project and tried simple shapes with low render values.It worked. Then I increased the value. I tried different projects (bmw-classroom). it is working now.

edit: denoising is perfect :star_struck:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms