Alt+z = instant replay

Anyone else use the keyboard shortcut alt+z to toggle xray mode like he said, then had their nvidia shadowplay thing come up… lol
Will need to change the shortcut for that in blender

2 Likes

I never knew this one, I use the icon for this feature.

You can change the keyboard layout in preferences (not advisable).

Also this key works only in edit mode!

1 Like

Something like that has come up before where NVidia hijacks a shortcut. I suspect NVidia use of it can be disabled.

1 Like

You can change the key or use z pie menu. press F4->Preferences or click edit->Preference or in 4.0 ctrl+comma. Click keymapping. Then in the settings box check extra shading options. This will add toggle x-ray(Alt+z) and toggle overlays(Shift+Alt+z) options to the shader pie menu(z) the real power of the pie menu is to hold the z key down and move the cursor toward your selection until you hit the circle(your option will be highlighted) then let go of the z key to activate it. As you gain muscle memory It will get faster. I personally also check Pie on drag. Which makes z key toggle wireframe. Hold z and drag you get the pie menu. Tab toggles edit mode. Hold tab and drag you get the mode pie which is normally ctrl+tab. the tilde gives you walk mode and tilde drag gives you view pie menu. That’s 15 hotkey narrowed down to 3 keys and a mouse movement. I also remap the tilde to the D key and make walk mode double click D. They where looking at doing that for 3.0, but decided against it. Note: Technically speadking it’s not the tilde(~) it’s the Grave Accent(`) key to the left of the number 1 on top row of a standard qwerty keyboard.

Privacy & Terms