Alt + Dragging Doesn't Duplicate For Me

I followed these steps:

In Unreal Engine 4.11 running on a Mac
LMB + Select a static mesh
Continue to LMB and also press "option"
LMB + option + drag should result in duplicating the static mesh – but for me it just moves the object without creating a duplicate :([details=Summary]This text will be hidden[/details]

never mind fixed it. Not sure how to delete this post.

Do you mind sharing how you fixed it? I’ve run into this issue myself in 5.4.2 and have no idea what happened.

Im having the opposite issue! ALT + LMB dragging a static mesh creates a duplicate instead of extending it like it I need it to when using the pbg splines in “top” perspective. Ive looked EVERYWHERE and asked questions but nobod can help me :weary:

Hi and welcome to the community.
ALT+LMB IS the duplicate command if you want to scale, click the scale icon, or press the E key first and then you can adjust the scale.

Firstly, to extend splines you need to select the last spline point to extend it, not the mesh. If that doesn’t help, try seeing if you get the same issue while using a regular spline actor. Go to the Place tab and search for spline and drag one into the scene. If it still happens with the spline, close unreal and go to your project folder and rename the config folder to config_broken. This will force the engine to reset the config settings and you can see if that fixes the issue. If it doesn’t fix the problem, close unreal, go to your project, delete the config folder and rename your original by removing the _broken. Then do the same thing with the saves folder and the intermediate folder. If none of that fixes the problem, see if it happens in a different project.

Thanks for the reply, but I think maybe you misunderstood the issue. We know what the controls are, they’re just not working for some weird reason. Only the alt drag to duplicate.
Mine is fixed, but I don’t know what fixed it.

1 Like

I think it was a reply for my issue, and thank you very much!! I didnt know I could press the “E” key to scale it in that perspective. Is that how the pbg splines work? I have been playing around with it so I am learning more and more. I can’t wait until I know how to utilize unreal to its fullest lol.

Yes, it was. W for move, e for scale and r for rotate. So handy and convenient.

Privacy & Terms