Also unable to load the Quad Remesher

Like another poster last month I am unable to load this Add-On. The Exoside troubleshooting page is not helpful because the tips and videos there seem to be from earlier versions of Blender and the Install section of Blender seems to have changed. I’m using Blender 3.0.1

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Sorry no idea about that software. Perhaps the solution is to use it with an older version of Blender? Blender updates more quickly than most commercial charging software. Fortunately ever version of Blender can be found on their site!

1 Like

I have brought this problem to the attention of the tech support people at Exoside and at their request sent them screenshots of where my install process differs from their video.

In that video I notice that they're using Blender 2.8, and also in the tutorial Grant is using 2.9   Perhaps you could enquire with Mr. Abbit and ask him if Quad Remesher does or does not work with Blender 3.0

Ah ha! With the help of a tech support person at Exoside I have solved the problem. As you can see in the above video that want you to drag and drop the original .zip file into the Install Add-Ons window. I had done an “extract all” on the original zip file as I always do with zip files, but confusingly the resulting folder was still labelled as a .zip folder. So I went back to the Exoside web site and re-downloaded the original zip file and that installed correctly.
So there you go: don’t “extract all” and you should be good to go. Yay.

1 Like

Glad you solved it!

I’m guessing you will apply it to the Orc/Ogre? If that’s OK for you could you describe your experience working with it and how good is the final output?

Actually I’m doing the dragon tutorial. Here’s a picture of the dragon after using the Quad Remesh tool but before applying the Multiresolution Modifier.

3 Likes

Thanks! That’s looks like quite a good topology! I would probably add more details around the eyes and maybe nose if I would plan on animating that… and maybe quad remesher has some tools to specify such areas. But even if not - it seems like it’s doing very good job. Maybe even better job if I would make it manually :sweat_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms