All Laced Up

Full progress can be seen by visiting my Repo

I’ve put the shirt drawstring in. I took the beveled vertices and rotated them so the string entered the front of the shirt and exited the inside to go to the next point. Not much extra work to get a bit more realism. The string just didn’t look right to me just sitting on top of the shirt. Haven’t decided if I want to make it a bit thicker or not.

4 Likes

Practice makes perfect. I would try different variations of the strings to get the one you like the most

I did something similar, added the holes they go through too.

Really the top ends of the lace ought to have some bow or something tying it off but have avoided that for now!

2 Likes

In future revisions I was planning to make grommets for the strings to go through and a bow in the middle of the top.

A suggestion for realism for your model. Cloth usually doesn’t conform to concave curves. The whole cordage section would be to tighten up the shirt so it would naturally be farther away from the skin. ( G, Y, move in -Y direction).

1 Like

Thanks, yes I have problems moving the shape with finer detail as it is still low poly and using a subdiv. At a point when we get told or allowed, lol, to apply it I can manipulate the area better. I suspect though Grant’s way will be to fake it more with texture painting or similar.

Privacy & Terms