All blocks unbreakable in second level

I’m having a bit of a problem. In my Level 1, everything seems to be working fine - the breakable blocks break, and the unbreakable ones don’t. However, in my Level 2, the breakable blocks aren’t breaking.

Is something I should be worried about now (and if so, how do I fix it), or is it addressed in a later lecture?

Have you seen if the blocks in level 2 has the tag set to Breakable?

Yeah, they’re definitely set to Breakable. They crack when they’re hit, just like they’re supposed to. But when they’re on the last level of… crack-ness… they won’t break when hit. they just stay like that.

Did you create your level two by duplicating level one, or, by dragging in prefabs of the blocks into a fresh scene?

Can you provide pictures of the editor, the scenes and the code so I can see better what’s the problem.

I cannot think how to solve a problem if I don’t see it.

OK, this fixed it! My original Level 2 was made by dragging the prefebs into a new scene. I deleted it, and remade it by duplicating Level 1, and now it works perfectly! Thanks!

Thanks for confirming. The reason I asked about the approach was because it could be that you have unapplied changes to the prefab instances in working scene, so when you created your jew scene the prefabs don’t have all that they need to work. This definitely sounds like the case.

Hope this helps. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms