Alien Beach Landing

Here’s my composition for inserting 3D objects into a 2D image.

I still have a slight white edge around the back most object, is there any way to fine tune the masks that anyone knows of?

Thanks.

Original Image:

One Ship:

Multiple Ships:

9 Likes

I love the scene.
The ‘white edge’ doesn’t bother me. Part of the alien atmosphere…
Are you using mask ID’s. Because some solutions create none aliased transparencies.
Maybe render is on a darker background first?

2 Likes

Thanks!

Haha, it doesn’t bother me much either. I was just curious about fine tuning.

Currently they do use ID masks with anti-aliasing. I also fiddled with the light a bunch to try and improve how it looked with no significant results that didn’t ruin the whole scene.

That’s a good shout. I’ll try rendering on a darker background. I was also looking at using custom painted masks which worked a bit (once I got my head around how to use them with the mix nodes). I was just hoping there was an easier way.

Thanks again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Really cool image!

2 Likes

Thanks Antonio!

1 Like

Hello! I just wanted to say thank you for using my image and this is by far the most creative way anyone has used it. That is so cool, you definitely have a gift, and I love how your work totally brings another world to that photo.

-Zach

1 Like

Thank you Zach. But I think the majority of the compositions atmosphere is thanks to your stunning photography.

Thank you for making the image available for people to use. Your doing numerous industries a great service and helping people in ways you may not have originally anticipated with your photography.

Thanks again.

All the best.

Dave

Privacy & Terms