AI Players not aiming up or down

Im at the end of lecture 272 and i followed what Sam was doing in the lecture, everything compiles, no errors, but my AI pawns still are not aiming up or down. I seriously cannot figure out why. I have been looking at the other topics posted before but none of those issues seems to be related to what i am facing at first glance and not really sure what it is i am doing wrong.

One thing i did notice though that in the Animation Blueprint the simulation is not going past the Cast to Ue4ASP_Character node, which I figure is part of the reason why the aim is not working. but I am not really sure why it isn’t going past that.

Does anyone have any insights as to what may be going on?

here is my latest repo:

1 Like

The cast fails because the AI character isn’t Ue4ASP_Character it’s PatrollingGuard2

ahhh i see! now that i switch the cast node to Cast to PatrolGuard2 it seems like everything is flowing in the proper channels! I did have to recreate the Jump Button Down and Crouch Button Down nodes though which i guess makes sense.

Thank you so much for your help!!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms