Ai perception question

if im below or above the npc will he be able to see me? if so how would i make the box bigger in height. I can see why this is default setup because it will probably allow crouch players to not be seen.

i imagine 1 cool way to do things is to rotate the head to look up and down and have the ai perception parented to it. it would also be a good idea to make another separate smaller ai perception radius so that the ai has the ability to see crouched players when they are too close so they arent too dumb.

Im not sure if this is correct way of doing things, but a third ai perception could be useful too, to detect players further away crouched in front of ai after a set amount of time. I imagine that when this happens we also track how close the player is to the ai so that we can speed up the time it takes for ai to spot players for more realistic behaviour.

Don’t think the sight sense has a vertical limit

just tested it by standing on the stairs. your right, there is no limit. I guess the simple way to stop ai chasing player when crouching would be to do a simple, if crouched and seen then ai should wait a set amount of time depending on distance player is from ai. if player is too close then ai moves to player whether player crouched or not. only 1 sight sense needed too instead of the 3 i was blabbering about before.

Privacy & Terms