AI no longer move

I am having an issue with my AI after saving the new blueprint instance. After doing so my blue AI no longer moved however my red one did. Upon further inspection I noticed that the PatrolRoute component had been removed from the blue character and any subsequent characters placed in the scene. I added it back and added patrol points, however there continues to be lack of movement. They are still being possessed as hearing and sight perception continue to function. I tried restarting the editor and all that accomplished is now my red character no longer moves. Any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

After some fiddling I have discovered that the AI will only reference the blueprint version of the patrol route no the cpp component.

SOLVED
So, I’m not entirely sure of what bug I introduced, but at some point I added an extra cpp component to instances of each character which is what I was using to control the patrol points. Something about what we did in this lecture made that no longer work and now I am using the patrol points properly. (Inherited on the character blueprint and edited through the instance). Another bug has seemed to crop up though is now when I edit the instance in Unreal it often auto selects the character I’m editing as a patrol point. A work around for anyone else that gets that problem is to hold down your click when editing the array.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms