AI CatchMontage Animation won't play

Hello!

I am taking the Unreal 5 Stealth Combat course, and in the AI Catch video, I am currently stomped since the AI won’t play the “Catch Montage” when it reaches the Player.

I’d like to add a note, that I am using UE4 (4.27.2) because my computer is unable to run UE5, so I done my best to follow along.

The following are the pictures of the related Blueprints and Tasks:

I would have taken a screenshot, but Snipping Tool nor Screenshot are working while I have UE running.

I think the acceptance radius of move to is too small. I am not at the computer but I think it needs to be more like 10 given you’re talking cm here. I’ll check later give that a try.

I would hazard a guess it is the chase logic that is the issue and not catch, unless you’re seeing the print string.

Yes, I think that may be the issue. I checked my code and it is set to 50 which is ~1/2 metre in size.

Hi!

Thank you for answering! I completely forgot that I played around with that variable in the AI MoveTo.

Unfortunately, the behavior stayed the same after I changed the Acceptance Radius back to 50.0. I could see the print of “CATCH” when the dummy reaches my player, and I still see the prints. But the animation just doesn’t play.

I thought that it may be the Montage I created, but I used a “start jump montage” that I know it works, and that didn’t seem to work either.

Ok, then I’m not sure what is going on. Can I get you to zip your project folder and upload to https://gdev.tv/projectupload and I will take a look

Hello, sorry for the long delay. I just uploaded the zip file.

No worries. I will try take a look this evening.

Ok, I’ve home through this and I can’t actually see anything that is obvious. I can only speculate that is a difference in UE 4 and I can’t see anything that would cause this. I do know you have differences in your project such as the player movement which isn’t based on the design - the pushing left-right rotates the character rather than moves in the direction you’re pushing based on the camera.

Additionally, on attempting to open the project I get a number of DLL errors so I can’t even begin to understand what causes that. I’ve seen similar issues with other UE4 projects but not with my own which seems to work fine.

My suggestion is to review all videos in this section and ensure everything is correct.

Thank you for verifying the project, I will be revisiting the videos then.

Privacy & Terms