AI can't find player

When I attempt to play the game the AI doesn’t rotate to the player nor does it try chase the player.
I had a look in the behaviour tree and the value for the actor Player is None.
I believe this is suppose to be set in AI_BP

Am I setting this incorrectly?

I always get this:

My SetFocus:

@DanM Hey Dan, Any ideas on why this isn’t finding the Player?

Repo?

@DanM

I accidentally left the Pawn Sensing on, turn that off if you look at this before I get a chance to push it up with the Pawn Sensing off

I suppose it’s not supposed to look like this

No, it is, it’s just a level I use to test things before putting them into an actual world

With no animations and a small character in the middle?

I asked for help with the AI detecting the player, why are we focusing on irrelevant things?

I’m struggling to figure out why the AI never sets the player when within range so they can chase after him, I’ve been looking through my work for hours and relooking through the lectures and I can’t seem to find any difference except for the getAIController Method is green not blue:

Is there anyway I can find some help or any ideas as to why this may not be working?
I am currently using UE4.16.2 but I am more convinced I am overlooking something small
@ben @sampattuzzi

To make sure that repo I downloaded isn’t incomplete…

1 Like

My Apologies, as we’re talking through a forum I was receiving what you were saying as criticizing my base area. You definitely have the most current one for the AI, the only work i’ve mainly done since has been getting the player to shoot and also animating the player as well as working on some more map design hence I have not pushed anything up yet as I feel it may just clog up anything relevant as I need to do a bit of a clean up with my files and assets.

You didn’t give the Player key variable a value

2 Likes

Thank you very much, I’m still getting used to Blueprints, I find C++ so much easier

Privacy & Terms