Agnog Posed and thoughts on the Orc course

One last post on Agnog as I wrap up the course. The armature and pose come from Mixamo which I had never heard of but was pretty cool.

My main goal as a former Maya user was to familiarize myself with Blender in all the steps to making a character. In that respect, I learned a lot and Grant is a very good teacher. However, I did end up deviating quite a bit and searching for some more advanced techniques, especially with the texturing process.

The much more valuable and unintentional discovery for me was this community! Maybe something similar exists with Maya but I never found it. Very cool to see other’s progress from beginning to end and to get feedback. I will definitely be sticking around for challenges and stuff as I continue my learning journey with Blender and art :slight_smile:

13 Likes

Agnog is fantastic.
Mixamo is good as far as it goes. I had not thought of using it to freeze a pose from. Generally I just wonder what use these animations are other than display. There are only so many ‘stories’ a dancing elf or whatever has much of a role! I suspect that is why they were made free, most real animated stories will need to make up their own movements to fit what they are doing. Things keep improving and one day doing your own motion capture will doubtless have a new tab in Blender!

I hope you do stick around, these communities need the more experienced to keep in touch and help on the next generations. As I understand it Blender is much better at community than other equivalents. Most try to help each other out and not be dismissive of the beginners.

4 Likes

Thank you! :grinning:
Yup also Mixamo is a part of Adobe, which I don’t like :laughing:

I feel like I’m in the transition somewhere between beginner and intermediate still, but I know how hard it is to get feedback unless you make an artwork that is basically professional level. That’s why I like this site!

4 Likes

Congratulations on finishing the course. Final result is outstanding! Texture and paint work are spot on. Great work Sir! :grinning:

4 Likes

Thank you kindly sir! :grin:
A lot of work but worth it.

3 Likes

Definitely so. Only when you try this things you know how much work it takes.

3 Likes

I concur, it’s impossible to post something on Blenderartist and to get some feedback.

2 Likes

Even harder on Artstation. I posted a total of 21 artworks there and only ever got one comment I think.

1 Like

It’s amazing!!!

1 Like

Thanks! :grin:

Privacy & Terms