After the Chess Chapter

Okay that’s great, I was just toying with the idea of recording my screen while I unwrapped a model so I could show you.

Did you figure out what happened to your uv map to why it was different from when you edited it and imported it into blender?

1 Like

not yet, but I try it again… and maybe again…
Yesterday I ended up with 6 or 7 different layouts until i figured out everything. Simple stuff like you have to hit a before exporting and not just saving the image etc.

you don’t have to make a video or something like that :smiley: there are enough resources out there
but thanks for the effort

1 Like

It doesn’t hurt aswell to start it again where you go to mark seams there is an option to clear seams. So if you select everything then clear them you try it from the start again.

1 Like

Yeah I did that, obviously, the seams were soooo bad now that I think of it!
But thanks of your help I’m getting there, look

1 Like

Yeah that’s it you’re getting it now.

Looking good, can’t wait to see this finished now.

1 Like

There he is, the Toad Pawn!
He has many some flaws, but I’m happy that I could manage the challanges, thanks to your help!:tada:

Good Night! I need to sleep now!

Edit: Nevermind… forgot to zip the texture with it… F*** I do this tomorrow :frowning:
Finally! I didn’t export as a .fbx file :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

That is looking good, sketfabs lighting is very unforgiving I find. I normally turn the brightness down of the light in the 3d settings for a better look.

The edge of the toads cap is a little to sharp you should try maybe bevelling the edge so there is a little more geometry to define the curve of the cap.

Or I would suggested selecting all of the toads cap and scaling it up a little.

Looking forward to seeing it with a texture.

2 Likes

I edited the Post with the right 3D model

2 Likes

That is looking good now, Did you see the changes I made to the plant I made above in this post, I animated him for funsies! :smile:

2 Likes

Nice chomp :smiley:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms