After previously feeling discouraged, did the challenge on first try!

Honestly as these lessons have been going on I’ve struggled more and more to complete the challenges at all without getting stuck. In fact, I was feeling very discouraged before this lesson about if I was even understanding anything or was just copying what I was seeing.

But, I worked through the lesson, referred to my notes and the other work we’ve done, and used it complete the challenge. I was expecting to have to try it 4 or 5 times, but lo and behold, it worked on the first compile.

I just felt like I had to share, and to encourage everyone who is new to C++ and UE4, like me. Good luck everyone else, and if I can do it, so can you!

3 Likes

Actually, that may always happen. Its a part of programming / development. There’s plenty of situations that can leave you confused such as bad documentation and examples from an API, bugs in the tools, or whatever.

It will only not change once you learn enough and then only do that specific stuff without anything changing.

Most likely you will run into it more but you would then understand that you can figure it out as you have in the past :wink:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms