AddTorque method does'nt work

Hello everyone! I’m going through lesson 37, where you need to use the AddTorque method to rotate the character, but for some reason my code does’nt work. I will be grateful if you could help

1 Like

This is Rick’s code. Do you see what you’re doing differently?

Try using GetKey() instead of GetKeyDown().

They do two different things.

Also, I can’t remember exactly, but the “A” might need to be in quotes. I would need to confirm that against another project though.

This is from the Delivery Driver course. You might try putting that “A” in quotes like Rick did in this example. It’s been a while so I don’t remember clearly, but it’s worth a try.

1 Like

I didn’t pay attention to the name of the method at all, I’m sometimes so inattentive. Also, there is no need to put “A” in quotation marks. Everything worked, thanks a lot!

1 Like

I’m glad this helped! I couldn’t remember about the quotes…I just remember about the input manager commands as shown. I figured if the first thing didn’t work, then the quotes might be another thing you could try.

It’s pretty easy to confuse two methods that are so close to each other, like GetKey() and GetKeyDown(). I’ve done it a few times myself. It’s how we learn. :wink:

Glad you’re back on track!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms