Adding some Detail to building blocks

Been a few days since I posted, but I have been busy!

Been working on building an interior based off the style of Ald’rhun from Morrowind. The image below is what Im making a lot of design decisions based upon.

Ive been making and adding detail to all of my structural elements and ensuring that I have all of the necessary peices. My blender screenshots are below:

Archway at top of stairs

Staircase

Bench along wall bases

Curved walls between 2nd story and Roof Tiles

Curved wall section at corners on second floor

Doorway details

Roof Tiles

Balcony straight section

Balcony Corner Section

7 Likes

wow! How did you make the “Bench along wall bases” ???

1 Like

Hi! Glad you liked it!

I just started with a 1x3x1 rectangle. I did all the work on the face on x=0, 0<y<3

I Extruded the bottom corner vertex by half the width of the groove along the z and y axes. From those 2 vertices, extruded the groove shape one edge at a time.

Once I went all the way across the front side, I had a outline of the groove. I repeated the process from the original corner vertex to add a middle edge between the groove outline. I selected that mid line, and moved it backward on the x plane to give the groove some depth.

Finally, the groove wasn’t as deep as I wanted, so I selected all the front faces and inset slightly and moved them forward on the x plane slightly.

This generated a lot of additional faces and some cleanup work, but that’s how I generated the overall geometry.

Hopefully that made sense…its kind of difficult to explain. When I have more time I can maybe add some images if it helps to explain the process.

1 Like

WoW dude you inspired me, I want to make the Dracula´s Castle and I tought it would be dificult but watching your work, make it feel that is somthing not to far to acomplish, I only wish get somthing as good as yours.

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! Glad you like it!

You definitely can make Dracula’s Castle! Just break it down to appropriate sized pieces, and it’ll end up great. This course definitely gives you all the tools you need.

Best of luck! I’ll try to remember to check in a little later. Dracula’s Castle sounds like it an awesome project.

1 Like

Thanks, I’m heading forward with this.

Privacy & Terms